IFS Applications recently received the GALIA Certification for the automotive industry.
Who is GALIA?
Groupement pour l’Amélioration des Liaisons dans l’Industrie Automobile (GALIA) = Consortium for the Improvement of SUPPLY CHAIN in the Automotive Industry
About GALIA (1)
- GALIA was founded in 1984 to answer an urgent need to improve exchanges between business partners within the automotive industry. At that time, there was neither Internet nor e-Business EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and EDTi (Technical Data Exchange) was at its very beginning.
- Initially, GALIA covered the logistics, defining label standards, packaging and pallets, plastic boxes, small metallic containers and EDI messages. Nowadays GALIA also deals with exchanges in the engineering and B2B/invoicing domains and processes to improve the supply chain performance.
- GALIA is controlled by a steering committee of 18 members (2 PSA Peugeot Citroën, 2 Renault, 1 Renault Trucks, 8 Equipment suppliers, 2 carriers and logistics providers, 3 observers). The steering committee is chaired alternately by a representative of PSA Peugeot Citroën or Renault.
- GALIA represents the automotive supply chain for France at ODETTE as does VDA for Germany.
The mission of GALIA (1)
- Develop recommendations (some of them are standards recognized and used by the entire automotive industry) for the exchange of goods and information between partners within the automotive industry.
- Encourage service provider companies, “Club members”, to develop tools compliant with the specifications contained in the recommendations.
- Inform automotive company managers and make them aware of the existence and importance of these tools.
- Promote the implementation of solutions derived from the recommendations of automotive industry companies.
- Inform and train users.
IFS GALIA Certification
- Certified as an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution for Tier 1.
- IFS Applications is a strong solution for supply chain, especially in markets like the automotive industry.
- IFS Applications covers advanced requirements with its standard solution without the need for add-ons from partners or additional development.