IFS Presales Manager (UK)
Was the first bunch of tips not enough for you? Here are more great tips!
- In IFS Applications 9, highlight an item, hit Shift and use the arrow keys to move things around.
- To move shortcuts around, you need to long click on a shortcut. Click and…wait…and then you can move it.
- It’s easy to set up shortcuts by clicking the + icon next to the item you want to add.
- You can pin the Navigator. Right- hand click on the navigator icon and you can get Shortcuts and Navigator together.
- Down arrows mean pre-defined searches are available. A box with an arrow takes you straight to that item and a box with no arrow means there are options available to choose from.
Working with forms
- If you right hand click the scroll bar of a form, it will intelligently move for you, from a page of options.
- You can copy/paste any form in IFS. If you tick the box marked Own Process, each form can have different behaviors. And yes, you can add them as shortcuts.
- Click on a column header to sort on it. Available in all table forms. An arrow indicated the column being sorted and the sequence.
- (IFS Applications 9, update 1 ONLY) On the right click menu, you have a Go To Column option. You can then search for the column you want, pick it and you jump there with the column highlighted.
- IFS Applications 9 has added Kiosk Mode that removes all the application chrome and just presents you with the form information. Activate it using Shift – F11.
These are pre-defined field information structures. It allows faster and consistent data entry. You can start a form with the default template.
You can save Forms as drafts if you haven’t got all the mandatory information. It becomes a task in the system when saved as a draft.
- Summarized information in one place
- One click to view
- Setup in Solution Manager
- User configurable
- Any database details
- Start Pages were introduced in IFS Applications 8 – think of them as the poor man’s lobby
- It’s a focused view, showing record counts
- They still exist in IFS Applications 9 but you need the security opened to allow them
- You can run multiple search types in there – still very useful.
(IFS Applications 9 only)
- Pictures – size them to the right ratio for them to look good
- There are both configuration mode (for all users) and personalization mode for the user.
- You can personalize companywide dashboards
- Don’t rush on rearranging – wait for the element to color and then drag it
- Use keywords on elements for easier search
- If a Lobby appears locked, check if the author protected it
- You can create custom Lobby items
(IFS Applications 9 only)
It’s smarter with more options, including an e-mail one.