IFS Radio Network podcast: how technology is impacting industrial manufacturers and how some of the industry’s leading businesses are taking advantage of it today.
The industrial manufacturing industry has a strong appetite for technology. Now that manufacturers have experienced the game-changing benefits of automation and the emergence of interconnected and intelligent manufacturing systems, companies of all sizes are realigning their business and operational models to take advantage of new, disruptive technologies.
Manufacturers have found that they can use technology to increase profits and efficiency, which is why 55% of the industry’s businesses globally have already transitioned to Industry 4.0 (Europe) and Smart Manufacturing (United States). However, the key to using technology successfully will be in a company’s ability to distinguish between what is new and what is useful.
Industry expert advice for maximizing the benefits of new technology
In a new IFS Radio Network podcast, IFS’s Global Analyst & Relations Manager, Lyndsey Rojas, interviews IFS’s manufacturing industry expert and Vice President, Antony Bourne, on how technology is impacting industrial manufacturers and how some of the industry’s leading businesses are taking advantage of it today.
Questions answered in the podcast include:
- Which technologies are causing disruption and why are they altering business and operational models?
- Why does the industry have such an appetite for digital transformation and where should companies focus their investments?
- For companies who have leveraged technology to increase revenue and efficiency, how did they do it and what benefits did they experience?
- What other solutions should companies be using to drive their operational efficiency?
- Why is it important to seek third-party, expert advice?
Do you have questions or comments for our industrial manufacturing industry expert?
We’d love to hear them so please leave us a message below.